I reported a post and want to know what happened!
I’ve had some users who want to know what happens when they report a post.
There is about a 2-5 minute delay, but you can see what happened by checking out public mod log
More than likely, your report was bullshit, and I approved it. I say this because over 90% of reports get approved. But if you’re really curious, you can check the public mod log, and you can message the mods but please link to the comment in question. Also please understand the odds of us changing out mind is very low, especially if you’re an a
To head off a few questions before they are asked:
The first thing I do is check the reason, the following report reasons just get approved. I don’t even read the content reported. We don’t give a shit:
- It’s rude, vulgar, or offensive
- We do not have a “be civil” rule.
- This is misinformation
- Reddit does not pay us enough to be their fact checking service, they don’t pay us at all.
- Mods will ignore any report that does not break the rules in the sidebar.
- This reason was put in specifically to filter out bullshit reports
- If you can’t think of what rule it breaks, it must not break any rules.
- Any reason that’s not stating a rule broken
- I don’t care about your whinging, if it does not break the rules, it will not be removed. Period.
Additionally reporting a post is an accusation. I only check for what you reported. If you report it as “advocating violence” and it’s not, then it’s getting approved. Even if it breaks say the “offtopic” rule. You are making an accusation, I am rendering a verdict. If your accusation is false, the comment/post stays up.
If a rule is not broken, it will remain up. If you abuse the report button, we will forward it to the admins, and people have been banned over it.
Article from /r/Libertarian: For a Free Society