George Selgin Critiques MMT and Debates Murphy on Free Banking
Monetary economist George Selgin agrees with Bob on the flaws with MMT, but then the two continue their debate (started at the Soho Forum) on fractional reserve free banking. The episode also includes George’s background and thoughts on Bitcoin.
Mentioned in the Episode and Other Links of Interest:
- The YouTube version of this episode
- George’s monograph Praxeology and Understanding
- Mises’ book Theory and History
- Bob’s review of MMT
- George and Bob debate at the Soho Forum
- George’s article (co-authored with Larry White) defending fractional reserve free banking. Bob’s recent QJAE contribution to the debate.
- George’s articles at Alt-M on Ca
Article from Mises Wire