Help prevent AWB in WA state!
Washington State Weapons Sales Ban – Protect Minorities and the Working Class! Individual Activism Needed
For those of us in Washington state: Many of you already know there are now TWO bills on the docket in the WA House and Senate.
HB1180 An “assault” weapon sales ban, and SB5078 firearm industry member “responsibility” bill. Those links are to the bill text. Here are links to the STATUS of those bills in the process:
I understand many of you may be represented by republican members of the legislature and senate, but it is still important those members hear you early and often. As a former activist and campaign volunteer I can tell you it takes very little effort on our parts, and it is critical we mobilize at this early stage. Investors say it isn’t about timing the market but time in the market. That is also true for activism. We can’t think that this will be defeated in the courts, it just may never happen and even if it does it is completely unclear if it would beneficial.
If you reside in Washington, ESPECIALLY if you are represented by a Democrat, please follow these links and be heard.
- Go here to find your district. You will need to enter your address.
- You will have two legislators and one senator. You can click on any one of their names. It doesn’t matter for this which you click, you can send them all the same message.
- You will be redirected to a list of senators and legislators. click “EMAIL”
- Fill in your info an email to verify your status in that district. Type in HB1180 and SB5078 and fill in any message you wish (don’t threaten them, definitely be civil).
- DON’T FORGET to click “oppose” as an option.
- Click YES “Would you like to send a copy of your email message to the other legislators in District X?”
If you can send paper letters to their office addresses listed in those links or call the legislative hotline (1.800.562.6000) and make a fuss, you will have earned extra credit.
If you don’t think you’re good at communicating (written or verbally), it’s fine. Like Dad always said: “Keep It Simple, Son.”
- Introduce yourself very briefly (you are a law-abiding citizen!).
- Tell them FBI and state statistics don’t support the theory that Semi-automatic Rifles are not the problem. You know what is? mental health. education. political extremism and alienation. Semi-automatic rifles don’t even account for 10% of the total weapons used in a commission of a crime. It’s closer to 1%.
- Politicians respond to incentives. Tell them you vote. You donate. Above all you VOLUNTEER for campaigns, petition drives, and campaign fundraisers and you have no issues doing so for any primary or general candidate that will tackle the real issues – republican or democrat.
- Give them a way out. Tell them you can support them, even if they aren’t a member of your party affiliation. Look, these people are paid 56k a year to start. They do this because they want to change the world for the better, not to get rich. They are reachable.
PLEASE share this any way you can. share it, take a screen shot, print and post it on your cork board at work, share to social media, whatever!
Article from r/Libertarian: For a Free Society