Our Looming Trillion Dollar Doom
This week on The Reason Roundtable, Matt Welch, Katherine Mangu-Ward, Peter Suderman, and Nick Gillespie tackle the pending $3.5 trillion spending bill and the also-pending vaccine mandates for students under 12.
Discussed in the show:
1:23: The infrastructure bill that was supposed to be finalized last week (and why no one is talking about it).
22:54: Weekly Listener Question: I get that trains aren’t the most efficient way of getting around and require massive tax hikes, eminent domain, etc., but I still want them. How do I reconcile that with being a libertarian? Why can’t we get them in places besides New York City?
31:48: Gavin Newsom plans to add the coronavirus vaccine to the list of mandated vaccines for public schools—as soon as it’s approved, that is.
49:56: Media recommendations for the week.
This week’s links:
- “What Americans Think About The Fight Over The Debt Ceiling,” by Geoffrey Skelley and Mackenzie Wilkes
- “Joe Manchin Is Forcing Congress To Think About the Deficit. Good,” by Eric Boehm
- “Joe Manchin Just Cooked the Planet,” by Jeff Goodell
- “Vaccine Mandates Coming for K-12 Students,” by Matt Welch
- “Public Health Officials Blew Up Their Credibility, and We’re Paying the Price,”
Article from Latest – Reason.com