The Real Merchants of Death
Who are the real merchants of death?
On June 23, President Biden announced “a comprehensive strategy to combat gun violence and other violent crime.” Because “we are experiencing an epidemic of gun violence in this country,” the new strategy “will also address the direct link between gun violence and the rise in violent crime by taking immediate steps to keep guns out of the wrong hands, including by strengthening ATF’s efforts to stem the flow of firearms used in crimes, and by launching multijurisdictional firearms trafficking strike forces to stop illegal gun trafficking across state lines.”
Biden’s main target is gun dealers, whom he holds responsible for the increased gun violence. He wants to “stem the flow of firearms used to commit violence” by
- Establishing zero tolerance for rogue gun dealers that willfully violate the law.
- Maximizing the efficacy of ATF resources to crack down on rogue gun dealers violating our laws.
- Launching multijurisdictional firearms trafficking strike forces.
- Providing the public with additional data to promote transparency and accountability in enforcement of federally licensed firearms dealer policies.
- Stemming the proliferation of “ghost guns” and modified firearms.
- Convening state legislators and Attorneys General regarding policy strategies to hold gun dealers and manufacturers accountable for their contributions to the flow of crime guns.
The President “strongly urges the Senate to ban assault weapons and high-capacity magazines, and pass the three House-passed, bip
Article from LewRockwell