How can conservatives hold such contradictory views? I never understood it.
For the purposes of this question, I’m using people like Ben Shapiro, Steven Crowder, Mark Levin and Rush Limbaugh as references.
So, they say they want limited government, but then generally have the following views too:
- Support large military budget
- Oppose decentralisation of police and support them being equipped with effectively SWAT gear
- Support foreign interventionism to varying degrees
- Support the drug war
- Support strong immigration controls
- Support the death penalty
- Oppose rehabilitation as a method of criminal justice
- Oppose international diplomacy in favour of strongman policy
- Support organisations like the TSA and NSA
Article from r/Libertarian: For a Free Society