Don’t Wait For (Any More) Disasters To Adopt Libertarian Values
On the latest edition of The Reason Roundtable, Matt Welch steers Katherine Mangu-Ward, Peter Suderman, and Nick Gillespie through School Choice Week reflections, the latest COVID-19 chaos, and Wall Street Bets.
Discussed in the show:
1:29 Reason didn’t have to try hard to find stories highlighting National School Choice week.
21:27 Is being mistaken for a Trump supporter worth keeping schools closed?
23:42 A pulse check on the nation’s reception of Gov. Cuomo.
29:01 Weekly Listener Question: Will it take a disaster for libertarian ideals to hold?
37:53 The federal response to Wall Street Bets: What should we worry about?
56:24 Media recommendations for the week.
This week’s links:
- “San Francisco School Board Votes 6-1 To Rename 44 Schools,” by Robby Soave
- “In 2020, Teachers Unions and Police Unions Showed Their True Colors,” by Peter Suderman
- “What Are the Prospects for School Choice Gains in 14 States?” by Sonny Mazzone
- “The Fake Argument that School Choice Is Racist,” by Nick Gillespie (video)
- “Thanks to Teachers Unions, Families are Fleeing Traditional Public Schools,” by Nick Gillespie and Corey A. DeAngelis (vi
Article from Latest – Reason.com